With an impressive array influences that include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Darkness and Kings Of Leon, Ghost Town Orchestra create a vibrant alternative funk/rock sound well suited for fans of both rock n’ roll and alternative funk.
Hailing from Six Nations of the Grand River, Victor Martisius (vocals/guitar), Rylan Braida (Bass/vocals) and Paul Vendetti (Drums) from Oakville and Hamilton Ontario, steadily morphed themselves into an experimental rock/funk outfit during early Summer 2012 in the constantly resurrecting ghost town of Brantford, Ontario. What began as a simple collaboration project between the young but scattered musicians quickly transformed into a rambunctious hybrid of swaggering indie rock and danceable funk not bound by any specific genre. After 7 short months GTO caught the eyes and ears of Gunner Recordings A&R scouts who randomly walked into 2 Doors Down, a small pub in Brantford where the band regularly played. That night “we were instantly blown away”, said Vic Branco. It wasn’t hard to convince the Gunner team, that this was a band that could appeal to the masses. Gunner signed GTO on the spot.
With no time to waste GTO entered the famous Iguana Studios in Toronto to record there debut CD ‘Dead Wait’. The studio previously hosted artists such as Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, Alexisonfire and Nelly Furtado, who all recorded their multiplatinum selling debuts there.
Victor Martisius and Vic Branco produced GTO’s debut ‘Dead Wait’. The songs and sounds on ‘Dead Wait’ are engaging and intensely captivating right from the opening track ‘Gyspy Thump’. From the thunderous chant, sultry verses and hook filled chorus in the soulful track ‘Weatherman’ to the band's first number one single ‘Rich Man’, which highlights Victor’s virtuosity and expressive licks on guitar. It is no surprise the band received two nominations at the 2014 Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards, where they victoriously brought home the award for ‘Best Rock CD’.
When they perform live, GTO gives their audiences everything they have, full throttle every night, no excuses. GTO have proven that they have the musical chops to complement their impassioned song writing flare. This band is set to prove that anything is possible when you put your heart and soul into it.
GTO 2014/15 highlights…
• Head lined this years National Aboriginal Day celebrations @ Fort York in Toronto
• Opened up the inaugural WTFest in Brantford with Big Wreck and I Mother Earth
• Nominated for 2 IMA’s 2015 ‘Best Duo or Group’ & ‘Best Producer/Engineer’
• Performed at the Mumford and Sons Gentlemen’s ‘Tour Stop Over’ Simcoe ON
• Performed in Cannes France at Midem as part of the Canada Blast Showcase
• Nominated for 2 Aboriginal Peoples Choices Awards (Best New Artist and Best Rock Cd) WON for ‘Best Rock Cd’
• Performed at APCMA's Opening ‘GALA PARTY’, & the sold out awards after party
• Nominated for 3 RockWired Awards 2015
• Featured on COVER of ‘ROCKWIRED Magazine’ MAY 2015 issue
• Their 1st single off ‘DEAD WAIT’ hit Number 1! On NCI Radio
Ghost Town Orchestra
"Gypsy Thump" from Ghost Town Orchestra
"Weatherman" from Ghost Town Orchestra