The Star Catcher Performance Series will feature 10 emerging Indigenous artists in a video recorded series that will support their creativity and visibility, to be featured on the Manito Ahbee and IMA socials. This performance series will build career aspirations for the future. Adjudication to begin in May with feature videos to be streamed in June.
The Star Catcher Music Video Competition is open to new First Nations, Métis and Inuit artists who produce a music video that features one of their own original songs. A maximum of 20 video submissions will be accepted and posted on the IMA and Manito Ahbee socials for audience viewing. Winners will be announced in June 2021 and will receive a monetary prize with their music video featured on IMA and Manito Ahbee socials.
Star Catcher Music Video Competition criteria:
● One online submission per new artist. Song MUST be an original song by the new artist
● New artist must not have been recording/touring for more than three years to fit into this criteria
● Maximum of 20 video submissions. You will be notified if your submission has been accepted. *No graphic language or visuals accepted.
● Videos will be streamed on the IMA/Manito Ahbee Facebook socials
● Videos must have been produced between October 2020 and May 10, 2021
Submissions Open May 13 - 25 CLICK HERE for the form
● The music video will be featured on the festival website and socials
● Voting will be conducted by professional recording artists and music industry members from May 28 – June 11
● Winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be announced after voting ends.
1st - $1000
2nd - $800
3rd - $600