Writing Our Story
Writing Our Story is a writing challenge for youth. It is a new project created to engage youth as part of the Manito Ahbee Festival deliverables. This program will be presented online to feature and support First Nation, Métis and Inuit youth writers.
Writing Our Story criteria:
● The challenge will be open to submissions from First Nation, Métis and Inuit youth ages 14-17 years old. This is meant to support the creativity of the younger generation and encourage them to express their talent.
● Youth will be required to submit via email, a short written piece (500 words – 750 words)
● Theme to be determined.
● Submissions Open: May 14-28, up to a maximum of 20 submissions. CLICK HERE for the form
● Authors will be engaged to post short social media posts encouraging young authors with best practices.
● The young authors submissions will be featured on the festival website.
● The written pieces will be juried by professional writers, June 1-15, who will choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners with a monetary prize award
● Winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be announced in June.
1st - $400
2nd - $300
3rd - $200