Writing Our Story
WRITING OUR STORY!
Want to have some fun by sharing creative stories about your community, characters you have created, or maybe some true stories about connecting with your culture during COVID…here is your chance! It's a challenge for youth First Nations, Métis and Inuit writers!
Writing Our Story criteria:
● The challenge will be open to submissions from First Nation, Métis and Inuit youth ages 14-17 years old. This is meant to support the creativity of the younger generation and encourage them to express their talent;
● Youth will be required to submit a short written piece (500 words – 750 words);
● Fiction/Non-Fiction: write about yourself, or characters you have created, about your community or about staying connected with your culture during Covid.
● Deadline extended to June 25! Up to a maximum of 20 submissions. CLICK HERE for the form
● Authors will be engaged to post short social media posts encouraging young authors with best practices.
● The young authors submissions will be featured on the festival website.
● The written pieces will be juried by professional writers, June 26 - 29 who will choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finalists with a monetary prize award;
● Finalists for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be announced on June 30!
1st - $400
2nd - $300
3rd - $200